An exciting opportunity exists for a self-motivated, tech-savvy and diligent individual to work within our rapidly growing eCommerce business. This role suits someone with a passion for customer service and running a small business with a desire to make a real contribution to the growth and development of our online store.
This is a newly created position, working in a small team, providing flexible working arrangements at a contemporary office and warehouse space, centrally located in Edwardstown.
Aquarium Spare Parts is Australia’s leading online retailer of genuine aquarium spare parts. A 100% Australian owned and operated business, we stock the largest range of aquarium parts from leading brands: Aqua One, Fluval, Eheim, Juwel, API, Marina, Red Sea, Nutrafin, Biorb, Pond One, Reptile One, Seachem, Laguna & more.
In early 2011 we recognised a gap in the retail market when we struggled to source spare parts for our own aquariums. We decided that if we were having difficulties, other people might be too. In response to this dilemma, our online store was launched in January 2013 with over 600 aquarium spare parts and has now grown to be in excess of 3000. The business is experiencing a period of substantial growth, having located to a warehouse facility in 2018 and is now looking to take the next step forward in our journey with the establishment of our showroom and expansion into Aquarium sales.
At Aquarium Spare Parts we are passionate about aquariums and about the industry that we work within and are committed to providing our customers with the best online shopping experience possible.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role will report directly to the Managing Director/Owner with duties including (but not limited to):
- Process all orders, including the picking, packing, dispatching and inventory management of orders received via the online store platform
- Load all new products and maintenance of existing product database with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Attend to customer queries via email, social media platforms and in person at our showroom
- Manage the product returns process with customers and suppliers
- Review, proof and create all online written content (product descriptions, website pages, blogs, EDM’s) working closely with our graphic design and social media team
- Create new categories and update headers, header links, SEO content, URLs and metadata, in the online store platform
- Monitor online and mobile shopping trends, maintaining knowledge of competition and awareness of e-Commerce opportunities
- Identify opportunities for usability improvements
- Assist with creation of Omni-channel marketing strategy to ensure a seamless shopping experience for our customers
- Analyse online sales performance and advise on areas of opportunity
This is a permanent part time position offering flexible working hours between 9am – 5pm for 3 to 4 days a week. Availability on Mondays is mandatory.
Over time there is opportunity to build the role into a full time 2IC role and take responsibility for the business in the absence of the Managing Director.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To be successful in this role you will have the following;
- Experience and confidence with technology including websites and basic office programs
- Strong passion for customer service and experience
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and an analytical thinker
- A passion for online/digital eCommerce
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, able to work autonomously and wants to grow with the company.
The following skills will be advantageous but not essential
- Minimum of 1 year experience within a similar eCommerce/digital role
- Prior experience using BigCommerce (or similar)
- Familiarity with marketplace content management ( eBay, Amazon, Catch of the Day etc) and listing management apps.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Ad Words, Mail Chimp or similar email marketing platform
- An interest in the Aquarium and Pet Industry
HOW TO APPLY
If you think this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please submit your application accompanied by a current CV to email@example.com